Atlanta, GA asked in Traffic Tickets for Georgia

Q: Why 40-6-48 and 40-6-50 are ticketed together for one case?

I was caught by an officer while I was driving down a hill between the highway ramps. The highway and the ramp where I was driving were trapped by terrible traffic jams. I saw a smooth running roadway down a hill and there were several cars driving down the hill in front of me. I have followed them, but only the last two cars were caught by the officer, and he ticketed the two cases for that single violation. My court date is scheduled in two days. Will I be able to request 'nolo' for both cases or just for one? Please provide any further information as well. Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Morris  Margulis
Morris Margulis
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Duluth, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If both charges are consolidated into a single case, you can use a nolo plea to resolve the entire case.

You may not want or need to plead nolo, though, depending on your exact circumstances. You should consult with a traffic attorney for your best course of action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.