Asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: I own my home. A family member is staying there and will not leave what can I do?

I let my family member move with me in my home but moved in with my fiance now I am in Texas my home in Fl. I could not tell her to leave she only gets S.S but now she is renting rooms out of my home and keeping the rent for herself. She will not speak to me but is in my home. How do I clean house. I never signed agreement to have ppl live there and honestly I just want everyone out so I can rent my home for extra income

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Linda Liang
Linda Liang
  • Boca Raton, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You can eject her by filing a petition in circuit court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.