Fair Lawn, NJ asked in Products Liability for New York

Q: I need to find a lawyer to help me sue the company Gree. Because of them, my dehumidifier caused a house fire.

On August 6, 2020 we had a huge house fire due to a defective recalled dehumidifier. The dehumidifier company, GREE, never notified the public about this recall. My family and I are living in a trailer on the front lawn since that time.

My husband is disabled and has been suffering in the confines of the trailer.

I am seeking the help of a lawyer to sue GREE.

In addition, State Farm has been awful to deal with, withholding money and making my life and my family's life a living hell.

If there is anyone that help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: I'm sorry for your ordeal. You could search online for product liability attorneys - you could also use the Find-a-Lawyer tab in the upper left side of this page. Attorneys here can't reach out to you because this forum doesn't work like an attorney referral service. It sounds like you are also working with a homeowner's claim. You could reach out to attorneys on that as well. That would not be a product liability attorney, but instead, a civil litigation attorney who works with property and casualty claims. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.