Flemington, NJ asked in Criminal Law, Banking and Business Law for New Jersey

Q: Hello there, how do I go about bringing embezzlement charges against someone? What lawyer would I be looking for?

My husband’s business partner stole $20,000 from their joint business account after my husband was locked out of the online banking portal. It been going on for a couple of months and it’s clear the the former business partner had something to do with that; which I can only assume is bank fraud of some kind as well. Any information you could provide as to how we proceed would be incredibly appreciated. Thank you so much.

1 Lawyer Answer
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You need a lawyer that handles litigation the lawyer fees however for these types of cases are never cheap as generally you will be in protracted litigation as people will generally try to hide their wrongful actions.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.