Kansas City, KS asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Georgia

Q: Child Custody(we have proof of everything bad she says to him by messages)

My husband brought his now 3 year old daughter from Honduras with him in 2019 to the US. She lives here in Kansas with us and has immigration court proceedings with him here in Kansas City Missouri. We sent the 3 year old to visit the mom who lives in Norcross Georgia, the agreement verbally was for her to have her until I give birth and then for the 3 year old to come back with us. Due to my husband not claiming the older child the mother has who is 8 years old. (my husband helped raise her for 4 or 5 years and then he came to the us, he has no rights over her at all by marriage or blood so he does not have to take care of her as well or claim that she is his daughter.) The mother is angry and continues to block my husbands messages and calls and reminds him constantly of the past and inserts herself in our lives and has no boundaries. We would like to go get his little girl back and redo this by court process since she constantly criticizes him, we have proof that he has been helpin

1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: With a custody issue like this it is best to consult with an attorney who can review the facts of the case in detail and help you with the proper course of action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.