Grand Blanc, MI asked in Employment Law for Michigan

Q: My former employer only pays using direct deposit and paycard but I can't access their online system anymore.

I signed up for direct deposit when I first started but it didn't work. Now I no longer have access to their online HR system so I cannot sign up for their paycard, either. They don't issue paper checks and don't accept paper forms or phone calls regarding payroll issues. What can I do? I was on a monthly pay cycle which also complicates matters.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Zamzow
Michael Zamzow
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Let them know the situation, and ask for a paper check. If that fails it is conceivable you could file with wage and hour division in Michigan.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.