Milwaukee, WI asked in Family Law for Wisconsin

Q: I'm not being allowed to continue help raise my deceased son's kids, his dying wish. Kids I raised pretty much everyday

I'm being denied for no apparent reason other than the mom trying to hurt me, played the same game with my son before his suicide May 13, 2021. The kids have been pretty much here since that day, and the other time spent at the Grandpa's house because the mom refuses to return the children and herself to their home, cause she feels she would lose it. I provide love and stability to the grandkids. Also financially, as my daughters do as well. Kids are always crying to be here with me and I love and miss them so. What can I do as a grandparent for visitation/ guardianship? As I stated, it was my son's dying wish to both the mother and myself

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jane E. Probst
Jane E. Probst
  • Wauwatosa, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: If he mother is denying you contact with the children, you may file a motion for visitation pursuant to Wis. Stat. Sec. 767.43.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.