Atlanta, GA asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Georgia

Q: My daughter is 22 years old and is incarcerated 2 counts of poss of meth...she is currently on felony probation in anoth

Another county for 2 poss of meth charges.....will she go to prison

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Kim
John Kim
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Duluth, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Unfortunately, it will be impossible to get a definitive answer to your question. The main issue with your daughter's situation is that she will need to resolve her new drug charges while also resolving her [inevitable] probation violation/revocation in another county. I would recommend you speak with a criminal defense attorney about your daughter's case - often times, he/she will be able to negotiate a favorable resolution in both cases so resolving one does not potentially negatively impact the other. Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.