Appleton, WI asked in Personal Injury for Wisconsin

Q: I am looking on how to stop harasement on my 32 year old daughter from her deceased boyfriends Mother.

The Mother of my daughters deceased boyfriend will not stop with the emails texting ect My daughter is to the point she physically is sick over this on a daily basis and she is trying to raise there 8 month old daughter as well

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William  Pemberton
William Pemberton pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Baraboo, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: One option for the person being harassed is the filing of a petition for a harassment restraining order. I would encourage the person being harassed to speak with a local attorney regarding the matter. You can search for a local attorney on the Justia website. If you would like to review the Wisconsin Statute pertinent to this it is Wisconsin Statute 813.125.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.