Chicago, IL asked in Patents (Intellectual Property) for Illinois

Q: If I’m a minor and my dad hits me and I report it. Why do I have to return to my household? Does it mean it’s not serio?

Will my dad serve time if cpfs says we just need family therapy?

1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn
  • Patents Lawyer
  • Pittsboro, NC

A: I am so sorry that you are having this problem but you posted your question to PaTent attorneys that deal with inventors and inventions.

You need to post this question to people in your state that know the relevant material. I suggest that you start with Family Law. There may be other categories but people in family law should know the other categories of lawyers that can help you.

Good Luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.