Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Missouri

Q: My apartment has flooded 7 times with sewage water and I want out of my lease is there any reason I have to give notice?

So I talked to my property manager and they said that I’m responsible for paying next months rent since I have to give them a 30 day notice and that they also have to send it in to their corporate approval. I was also told that I’m responsible for the rent because they have “sent someone to fix the problem and it as stopped then came back” 7 times now. Was wanting your opinion

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: An attorney would need to read your lease in order to give sound advice. An attorney could try to negotiate a mutual termination of your lease so that no lawsuit against you gets filed. If you simply decide that your landlord breached the lease and you vacate, you will likely get sued.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.