Portland, OR asked in Probate for Oregon

Q: I was a resident for 4 years and was told to leave by power of attorney what are my rights?

I'm in the will he's keeping property from me, I was his father (owner of estate) caretaker and significant other for 4 years. I'm owed for my services. His son the executor kicked me out I am disabled and I need my belongings I was promised by him prior that he would let me stay in the home. I'm devastated I don't know my rights.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Theressa Hollis
Theressa Hollis
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: I'm very sorry for your loss. You might try the Legal Aid Office in the county where you are living.

You can also contact the Personal Representative's (Executor's) attorney and explain your situation. They may give you more time to find another place to live.

You may benefit from hiring a probate attorney to represent you and inform you as to your rights as a beneficiary and creditor of the estate.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.