Q: i past my 30 days, can i still do anything possible to get my money back ? i have proof where it came from

I’m from a different city and did not understand the paperwork. i missed my 30 day limit but i have proof where the money comes from. i can’t afford a lawyer to even get help. i’m also a trucker and could not make the time frame due to not knowing or have to go right back to work to even pay a bondsman. this is my first time going through this and i just did not have the knowledge of knowing how to going about it. i called the police to speak with someone but i did not get any answers. i even screenshot the phone calls to show i at least tried to contact someone to see how to go about it. i also call the state appointment office to see if the could help and they told me normally it’s after the case & they couldn’t do much because my charges have not been accepted yet. i just need to be pointed in the right direction. yes i do understand about the 30 day limit as i read up on it l. i could just take off my job to even make it back in city due to no money to make it

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Goodness that is a long Paragraph without making clear whar the question is. Call lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.