Chicago, IL asked in Criminal Law, Divorce, Family Law and Personal Injury for Michigan

Q: I have been subjected to torture by cps, courts not responding to my request for assistance with the stopping of this.

I am looking for assistance with pro Bono council for the service of abstaining proper treatment and rights of disabled people with ADA compliance, custody, increased parenting time, the clearing my name from abuse and neglect and the treatment of years of negative behaviors by the other parties and the proper information to the investigations that they lack in his actions with our children.

1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: If you are in current abuse / neglect proceedings, you should have an attorney appointed to you, and you need to work with that person to address these issues.

One of the biggest mistakes parents make in these sort of cases is to focus on what the other person is doing, when the emphasis should be on what you are or are not doing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.