Asked in Domestic Violence for Colorado

Q: How can I get permission to talk/contact defendant abouy pregnancy when we have a no contact restraining order?

As a victim of a dumb domestic violence case with a no contact with restraining order made by judge which is I against my wishes and 24 weeks pregnant. I already filed for a non harassment order right after first court date... But how can I get permission to talk/contact the defendant in jail about pregnancy? The gas station worker called the cops. He didn't put hands on me just my purse trying to take it from me. We swung around. The worker got scared for me . The defendant is my boyfriend/baby dad

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You should always keep your safety and the safety of the baby in mind. There is a protection order in place for a reason. However, you can ask the prosecutor to modify the protection order in order to allow discussion about children.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.