Saint Louis, MO asked in Car Accidents for Colorado

Q: Need help with raising price offered in auto insurance claims

My car was rear-ended in an accident and responsible party's insurance have accepted all the liability. However, the price offered to cover my losses are not enough based on the existing market.

Almost all the lawyers I've heard specializes in accident injury claims, can someone help or suggest how to get rightful action against this situation?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Colorado attorney could answer best, but your question remains open for two weeks. If this involves a repair, you could request a revisit of the property damage appraiser to the shop to review their labor and parts estimates with the collision techs. Carriers will sometimes revisit their figures if there is a reasonable basis for doing so. If this involves a total loss declaration, that could be more difficult. One option could be going to court. It's also possible that the carrier might not have a large degree of leeway and authority with the figures. They have their standard sources for vehicle appraisals based on geographic area, year, make model, trim level, and mileage... and property damage representatives only have so much personal discretion, up or down, on those figures. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.