Du Bois, PA asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Sibling and I are beneficiaries on grandmother's will.grandparents had custody of me. I want the house I live in.

My sister wants me to sell the house. She wants the money. I grew up in and have lived in this house for 20 plus years. My grandparents took custody of me because my mother left me with them as a child. I don't have the money to buy her out, but I want my house.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John B. Whalen, Jr.
John B. Whalen, Jr.
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: … hello …

… from the information you have shared, that seems difficult … have you spoken to the Executor? …


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.