Olathe, KS asked in Estate Planning for Kansas

Q: How do I get conservatorship of my adult daughter to fix black mold issue in her house

Black mold is under the shower base and she can not go downstairs in her own house because it is hazardous. Conservatorship refuses to clean up the mold issue and leak.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Crossville, TN

A: Call the health department and report the situation. They might have the clout to force a clean up.

Be careful what you ask for, though. Can your daughter afford the cost of clean up? Maybe she would be better off selling to someone who can afford clean up and move to a better situation.

If she is renting, this should be the landlord's problem to solve and the health department can probably make that happen.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.