Crowley, LA asked in DUI / DWI for Louisiana

Q: Can the state go back to 2003 on a DUI case?

In 2003 I was arrested for DUI. Now (2022) the 15th District Judicial Court has notified me that I need to complete driving courses and 32 hours of community service. I completed the driving course and community service back in 2003. The court is now saying that they don't have any records of completion. I couldn't have gotten my driver's license reinstated without having completed the courses. But I didn't keep the forms from almost 20 years ago. Can they do this to me? Please help, thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: If you had an attorney representing you at that time, then please speak to him and hopefully this can get straightened out without taking too much time. If you did not have an attorney, then perhaps please consult with a criminal defense attorney about representing you in your current situation and getting to the issue/dispute here. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.