Toledo, OH asked in Domestic Violence for Michigan

Q: How am i supposed to go about this case?

Hello. I am currently on probation for Domestic Violence & Felonious Assault with a dangerous weapon.


I was recently locked up in Monroe County Michigan, from my Fiance. This is all false Allegations, i know for a fact the cop didn't know exactly what was going on, so i got arrested directly for something i've never commited.

I spent 2 days inside the jail and got to a judge with a public defender and i am now on an ankle monitor PR Bond $5,000

I do not know what to do from my next court dates 4/14/22 (Probable Cause Conf.)

& 4/19/22. (Preliminary Exam)

I do not have no records in michigan other than these charges.

Is there anything that can go wrong into this?

& what is the steps that i can take?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You are facing a criminal felony charge. Yes, a lot can go wrong. You need to talk with the attorney assigned to you, or retain an attorney of your choice before those court dates, because any attorney is going to need to fully assess the police report and any other evidence there may be before rendering an opinion.

Here is what you have at this point: your fiance told the police you assaulted them, and that you had some sort of object or weapon while doing so. The police heard that and may or may not have noticed other evidence of an assault (e.g. red marks on body, bruising, busted up furniture, etc.) That's what you'll find out through this early period in the case. But if you think you'll win just by walking into court and telling the judge these are false allegations, you have another thing coming...

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.