Savannah, GA asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: If my case shows closed and inactive why am I on probation still In Georgia

Also after going thru my files it said I did a 310B guilty plea what is that and also my last revocation wasn’t scanned like previous sentences

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Candace Alynn Hill Duvernay
Candace Alynn Hill Duvernay
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fayetteville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You need to contact your probation officer. Often, clients think their case is closed because "time ran out", however, if you did not pay all fines/fees, complete special conditions, or got new charges, your probation officer could have asked the court to pause the time on your case. That is called "tolling". You need to find out of your case tolled or if it actually is closed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.