Detroit, MI asked in DUI / DWI for Illinois

Q: I miss my court date called district clerk's office. She said I did have an active warrant for $750 Bond

I had already been to court like two times and she told me to get a lawyer I work at the Waffle House I don't make a lot of money so I was trying to figure out how to do that and come up with money to pay my fines and unfortunately I missed my court date because I was thinking it was on the 14th I know it's not no excuse but that was the honest reason what do you suggest I do should I go turn myself into the jail I called the start circuit clerk's office and they said I did have an active warrant it was $750 fine I mean Bond I'm sorry what do you suggest I do I don't know what to do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brandon K. Davis
Brandon K. Davis
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Waukegan, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Your best bet is to contact and hire a local attorney to assist you. If you are unable, gather the money to post bond and turn yourself in so you can be processed and released.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.