Monroe, TN asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: How long is my ex looking at for violating community corrections? New charges on top of violation.

My ex has been on the run for a year. He violated his community corrections by not calling or contacting his officer a year ago. They caught him in another county and got him with simple possession, criminal impersonation, possession of meth and possession of drug paraphernalia. He keeps repeating the cycle. He had to do one year on community corrections after violating a 6 year tdoc. He is a felon. He didn't even last a month. Another county has warrants too but I'm not sure exactly what they are. I know one is domestic and another is a drug charge. Will they finally make him serve his time? They need to. Also on Vinelynk it says tdoc has him for being absconded.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cayley Turrin
Cayley Turrin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: He is facing a world of problems and there is no way to predict what will happen.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.