Conyers, GA asked in Family Law for Georgia

Q: what immediate court order can I get to get my daughter back

I have a pending case. I had spanked my 13yr old daughter with a belt and it left a mark on her. The cops were called and I was taken to jail. I bonded out 2 days later, when I got home my sister in law had taken my daughter and my husband who suffers from Alzheimer's disease. At first I thought DFSC took my children and husband away but that is not the case. I took the judge's order that said I can get my daughter back but just can't use the belt to my sister in law house to get my family back, I was refused access to my family and the police was called, I was told by the officers that I go to the probate court and get some type of paper from the court, I went but was told there was no court paper that can be given to me since I am already the child's parent and I have every right to my child. Went back to get my family and the cops were called again and was told by the officer that they can not force my daughter to go home with me and also refused to take a look at the papers I have

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Are you working with an attorney? You should consult with an attorney who can review the facts of your case in detail and provide you with guidance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.