Perham, MN asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Minnesota

Q: I need to know if I can walk off with my son.

I was never married assign the recognition of parentage a s with his mother child support has been established but yet she's making me go to someplace safe and pay to see my son she's mentally emotionally abusive my son is petrified of her puts me in jail as she lies to law every

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Corwin Kruse
Corwin Kruse
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: I am assuming that child support was formally established via a paternity order. Did the order also grant parenting time? That will control what you can and cannot do as well as how much time you have with the child.

If there is no paternity order (and child support is thus informal), you have no legally-enforceable parenting time and no support obligation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.