Miami, FL asked in Civil Rights for Florida

Q: Good evening I have a question regarding a prior arrest in 2019,which I was wrongfully accused ,at the time I was 8mon

Pregnant with my daughter, I was arrested by Clearwater police I was handcuffed placed in car for 2hours with no water anything, was transported in cuffs to tgk I informed the nurse that my wrist was bruised due to cuffs being tight.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You did not ask a question, but I assume you want to know if you can make a claim for money damages. Your description does not give enough information to determine if you have a potential valid claim, or if you are within the time limits to bring certain types of claims applicable to this situation. Contact a law office that handles police misconduct cases. Our office and many others in South Florida handle that type of claim.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.