Asked in Immigration Law for Pennsylvania

Q: This is regarding US Immigration, am I allowed to go to another State(not petitioners) after getting my Green Card

This is regarding US Immigration, am I allowed to go to another State - California (not petitioners residence, Pennsylvania) after getting my Green Card…How can I get my Green Card posted to my temporary address in new state, what reason to give officer

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nadine C. Atkinson-Flowers
Nadine C. Atkinson-Flowers
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA

A: You can go anywhere after you get your green card. You do not need to give any reason about why you need your green card sent to another address. If you are going to be in another state for a long time it makes sense to have your green card sent there. If you are not going to be there long it makes sense to have the green card sent to your usual address. Don't forget that if you move permanently you have to update USCIS with your new address.

Agnes Jury agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.