Mount Prospect, IL asked in Traffic Tickets for Missouri

Q: In 2018, I got a ticket for missing a stop sign. Long story short I was a college student and accidentally missed court

I no longer live in missouri(moved away in 2020) and just received something in the mail about a warrant. I’m flying internationally in a week and am worried I won’t be able to go/get back. Is it common for people to get arrested flying internationally for bench warrants?. I plan on taking care of it once I return but don’t have the time before my trip. Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrea Rogers
Andrea Rogers
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Eureka, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You can hire an attorney to lift the warrant and get your stop sign violation amended to a non-moving, no-point infraction so you won't have any points on your driving record (and your insurance company won't have a reason to raise your rates). You won't have to turn yourself in to police, pay a bond, or appear in court if you hire an attorney to take care of this for you. You probably won't have trouble leaving the U.S., but you may have trouble when you try to re-enter the country with an active warrant. I know it's just a warrant for a traffic ticket, but you don't want to risk it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.