Chicago, IL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Tennessee

Q: I've been fighting to see my kids for over a year and I live in Kentucky but the case is in Tennessee and I need help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bob G Huddleston Jr.
Bob G Huddleston Jr.
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cordova, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: It will help any attorney who wants to respond if you could provide more background information.

For example,

1) Who has custody?

2) Is there a Tennessee court order finding that the children were dependent and neglected?

3) If so, does the order reflect that a custody change was temporary?

4) Did you receive notice of the court proceeding that removed custody from you?

5) Did you and the judge sign a form acknowledging that you waived representation of counsel, or were you represented by counsel?

6) How, specifically, have you been "fighting" to see your children, and what are the specific barriers preventing you from seeing your children?

It's very hard to provide any meaningful suggestions beyond "talk to a lawyer" without knowing a lot more about your and your children's circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.