Asked in Family Law for Missouri

Q: Family law. Issues with which address the children live at.

My ex-wife and I have been divorced for over 10 years now and this has never been an issue until now. In the divorce degree it states she gets to use her address as the children main residence. Until recently she has lived 20 mins from me now she moved over an hour and 20 mins away and crossed in to another county. She is trying to make all the decisions with the kids schooling, sports, etc and I have no say since they are so far away. I do share them 50/50 per the degree but I am now losing days due to the distance. Do I have any legal routes since she can use her address as the main residence??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Steve D. Hardin
Steve D. Hardin
  • St. louis, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You need to consult with a family law attorney and have them review your parenting plan there maybe quite a lot that can be done. Do not wait as time may make it difficult or impossible to do anything.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.