Dublin, GA asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Divorce for Georgia

Q: I need legal help very bad. I have filed for divorce back in 2017 and my x refused to show up for court

My x convinced his parents to call DFCS bc he thought I was on drugs (really bc he later learned I had started dating someone)

His parents are millionaires (truth) and managed to get temporary custody now refusing to give her back bc they don’t like my boyfriend

Judge said I needed home and job and have to appeal the temporary custody my court appointed lawyer happend to be best friends with my x in-laws I have my own place and 2 jobs and they won’t even let me speak to my child I’m soo lost and hurt and need legal help bad

1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: It does sound like you have a lot going on. You should consult with an attorney who can review the case in detail and provide you with guidance. If you can’t afford an attorney try contacting Legal Aid to see if you qualify for assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.