Atlanta, GA asked in Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support for Georgia

Q: I voluntarily closed a reunification because dfcs and my kids father defense. Mentally I'm ready now how do I reopen?

I called dfcs for assistance and explained how I had nothing and nobody to help me after losing my car and having to quit my job no daycare choices for my hours. Mentally I became worse the more they tries to "help" to where I responded I rather die before you continue embarrassing me. Twisted my words took my kids. A lot of things have been done to me for 2 yrs even when I did what they asked still no kids. I broke down and closed the case to go to college and mentally be available again to try again. Need help with divorce as well.

1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You have a lot going on here. You should consult with an attorney who can review the facts of the case in detail, help you sort it all out, and provide you with guidance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.