Indianapolis, IN asked in Personal Injury for Indiana

Q: Mistakenly mismarked my exhibits in a motion for waiver of objections i filed can i amend this motion to correct?

I'm representing myself in a personal injury lawsuit. I filed a motion to waive objections that defendant provided to me in their answers to my Request for a 3rd set of Interrogatories and request for Production. I discovered that i had mistakenly mismarked my exhibits and i need to fix this error asap. Is an amendment the proper procedure i need to use to correct this situation? Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Candiano
Charles Candiano
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: There is a very old saying that the individual who represents themselves has a fool for a client. I don't mean to be flippant but you are going out of your way to prove the adage. You need to hire a legal professional for the same reason that you do not drill your own teeth or paint your own car: you will be very unhappy with both the experience and the result. The same is true here. I will provide answers to your questions but I sincerely hope that you will understand that you have already reached the point where you do not know what question to ask.

It is only possible to "waive" YOUR own objections.

I have NEVER seen an exhibit to an Interrogatory or a Production Request but "Interrogatories" and "Requests for Production" are parts of written Discovery and are NOT filed with the court.

You are in "over your head" and the water only gets deeper. I sincerely urge you to consult local counsel before you exhaust the court's patients. All personal injury work is done on a contingency fee basis so you don't need to pay a dime to have an experienced professional representing you.

If the defendant was insured, the case will be defended by an experienced insurance defense attorney and you will be way out of your league.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.