Conshohocken, PA asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Pennsylvania

Q: need help with foster care

Hi, We are senior grandparents to a drug dependent daughter and a father of our three grandchildren ages 5, 8, and 11. Youth service will not allow the children to be with their parents unsupervised. The children live with us and are cared for by us. Being both seniors we are on a fixed income and could use child support since both parents are getting money for these children are using it for other things than caring for their children. Can you help us.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn Hilbush
Kathryn Hilbush
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You can file a child support complaint against both parents. It might be helpful to you to first discuss the matter with an experienced family law attorney in your county, who can explain the process to you but, in the end, this is a case you can pursue on your own if need be.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.