Wellington, FL asked in Workers' Compensation for Florida

Q: I need some assistance to represent myself in a wc case! I have not been able to find an attorney to take over

there is a PFB already granted by the carrier, there is a pending mediation and evidentiary hearing but there is also a motion that my previous lawyer did not respond to and that among other discrepancies is the cause I'm orphan. I know it will be difficult to find new representation, but I need guidance to represent myself, where can i find it? what should i do here? I really appreciate any assistance....

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Domenic J. Celeste
Domenic J. Celeste
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • West Palm Beach, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: There is no way that any attorney could give you guidance to represent yourself (nor should they) with the information that you provided. You NEED to immediately consult with an attorney that's licensed to practice law in Florida and that handles workers' compensation cases, especially since you have an evidentiary hearing coming up and Motion to respond to. There are plenty of attorneys that will talk to you for free to see if they can help; but, do not expect free legal advice during this consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.