Asked in Child Support for Louisiana

Q: How to get a CS case dismissed in court In Louisiana

I filed for CS on my child's father on Christmas'21 and We're both scheduled for court this June'22. I don't want to proceed with the Case/Filing for a few reasons , for starters my child never needed additional benefits to begin with. My child's father and I agreed to CS filing because it was the only other option at the time that would help settle the differences we had as far as coparenting. mainly about who gets him such as days nights weekends ect. We eventually settled our differences amongst ourselves about late january early february and was served march. my child has been staying with his dad for about 5-6 months going on now

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: If you have an attorney, then speak to your attorney about this. If you do not and filed it in proper person, then file a motion to dismiss. If you went through the State, then contact the State to discuss this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.