Denver, CO asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Colorado

Q: Do I have to provide my address to my ex?I am the primary residential custodian of my children with sole decision making

We used to have joint custody but 3 yrs ago I was given full custody and the father hasn’t been involved since that time. He is now demanding my address saying it’s his legal right to have it. Do I have to provide it?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Hyland Barrett III
John Hyland Barrett III
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You do not have to provide your address, BUT YOU DO HAVE TO PROVIDE THE CHILDREN'S ADDRESS. Even with you having "full custody', he maintains some rights to contact with the children. The exception may be if his parental rights have ben terminated-which is unlikely.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.