Las Vegas, NV asked in Car Accidents and Wrongful Death for New Mexico

Q: My son was in a rollover accident he was the passenger and both people in vehicle where ejected and died

It was a single car accident can I sue for wrongful death I'm his mom he was 29

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mark Caruso
Mark Caruso
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Albuquerque, NM
  • Licensed in New Mexico

A: My name is Mark Caruso with Caruso Law Offices, and I would like to answer your questions.

Yes you can bring a claim on behalf of your son. Because your son was a passenger and not at fault for the crash, you can sue on behalf of his estate. First, you would need to get appointed as the personal representative of the estate of your son. Then, you can begin negotiations with the insurance company for the vehicle AND also the insurance company for the actual driver if he was not the owner of the vehicle. A personal injury and wrongful death law firm in New Mexico can help you with both the filing of the apponitment for personal representative and claims against the insurance company. There will be no money out of your pocket; the case will be taken on a contingency meaning the attorney is paid only when money is paid. Call me at Caruso Law Offices if you have additional questions or need assistance in any way.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.