Colorado Springs, CO asked in Criminal Law for Colorado

Q: Does a felony level matter based level on when you received it? How much to seal records?

I was arrested for motor vehicle left/agg 1 under $ in 2002. I would like to get my record sealed but they say you can’t seal Felony 3 sealed. I’m not sure of the level. Also poss CONTROLLED SUBST-POSSESS SCH 2-1G .from 2005 this charge is the last on my record the others are misdemeanors driving under restraint, shop lifting, failure to appear. I know I qualify based on time and since I have no other criminal activity of any type except 2 traffic tickets in 17 years. I would like to proceed with sealing my records

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Greenlee
Jonathan Greenlee
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boulder, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: There have been a lot of recent and favorable changes in Colorado's sealing laws. The best way to determine if you're eligible to seal a conviction would be to research attorneys who handle sealing and call for a consultation. Having a copy of your record or other court documents with the official final disposition (including the specific charge of conviction) and dates of conviction and completion of any sentence will be helpful for someone to be able to at least give you an initial opinion if you appear eligible for sealing and estimate the cost to file the petition.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.