Steelville, MO asked in Probate for Missouri

Q: My wifes grandparents died and had a will . Now its in probate and close to being settled but judge okay'd sell of

Personal property . All of it is gone and nothing of a sale . The executior is not saying a word about it . This is wrong correct

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lloyd  Nolan
Lloyd Nolan
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: If your wife is an heir, she entitled to see all documents filed with the Court, including the Will (if there was one), and all Inventories of the property. When the Estate is ready for settlement, she is entitled to a copy of the Final Settlement or Statement of Account, which is a full accounting of all receipts and disbursements. If the personal representative (executor) is not forthcoming with information, your wife should contact the attorney for the Estate. Your wife would be entitled to object to the Final Settlement or Statement of Account and Proposed Distribution if she believes that it is incomplete or that property has been left out, or that there are problems with the accounting. I say all this based upon the assumption that your wife is actually an heir or legatee in the estate. If your wife does not receive, or is not satisfied with, the information from the attorney for the estate, she should consult an attorney.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.