New York, NY asked in Family Law for New York

Q: please see details. what should i do?

I received a notice of entry by mail from the petitioner's attorney with the incorrect reference to the case at hand. the attorney refered to the case in the notice of entry letter as an "order of protection" instead of a "temporary order of visitation". what do I do about this? should I call the petitioner's attorney and notify them of the error on the notice of entry he mailed to me?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
  • Garden City, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: You don't have to do anything. Notice of Entry is important only for appeals. Since the order is only a temporary order - one that can change later on, nothing has to be done, the order is clearly a visitation order not an order of protection.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.