Asked in Divorce

Q: Husband doesn't pay since marriage and even after my surgical delivery.

I am financially dependent on my husband since marriage. Problem elavated since I was diagnosed with typhoid shortly after marriage. Verbal abuse became frequent. I was sent to my mother's home while I was pregnant. My mother took care of me and I too did labour work. I got severe back pain and after my surgical delivery, it was found out that I had a piece of flesh (1kg) stick to my bone. He shamelessly constantly reminds me that he has given ₹30,000 since my delivery but he doesn't show any bills. I want divorce, custody of my child and alimony/maintenance for my child.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: I am so sorry that you are going through such a terrible time. I would love to be able to help you. What state are you located in? The ability to obtain and the way you get a divorce depends upon where you live. Please feel free to go to my website at and sign up for a consult.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.