Gurnee, IL asked in Traffic Tickets for Illinois

Q: What will happen to my son's permit and how long will it take for him to get his license after receiving a ticket?

My son is 16 years old with a driving permit. He received a speeding ticket going 19 mph over the speed limit. I was in the car with him. What will a conviction do to his permit if I pay and will he have to go to safety driving school if we go to court?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Theodore J. Harvatin
Theodore J. Harvatin pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Springfield, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Upon a conviction, his GDL restrictions would be extended. What he should do is request court supervision, which will not work against him as a conviction. You will have to attend court with him, and he will be required to complete a special course for underage drivers.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.