Post Falls, ID asked in Libel & Slander for Idaho

Q: I have an ex who discovered a personal situation I’m in. I have a minor std. and he posted it all over his social media.

He’s telling hundreds of people and it’s causing immense amounts of chaos. I’ve tried speaking to him and his friends about just Atleast taking the posts down. He refuses. I’ve also reported his accounts. Is there anything I can do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: There are recognized, "bad stuff" you can tell about another person, and have hell to pay for doing so; disparaging a female's "chaste character" is actionable (our society still imputes chastity to females) as liable, broadly defined as both spoken "slander," or written "liable." It typically calls for a lawsuit against him, declaring that he has caused the "intentional infliction of emotional distress," and should have to pay for all pain and suffering in the minimal amount of $100,000 or such further amount as may be shown and proven.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.