Harrison, NJ asked in Juvenile Law for New Jersey

Q: is there a way to remove a wrong juvenile charge in new jersey?

the case was about 5yrs ago as a juvenile case and it was a result of a plea verdict. Except the final charges didn't involve one of the original charges. New jersey courts didn't remove it, even though the charge appearing isn't correct. I want to know if there's a away I could remove it by myself or would I need an attorney's assistance

edit: it's expunged but due to the error, government jobs still see it and see the error away but wont make leeway because its present in writing regardless of error.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael A. Smolensky
Michael A. Smolensky
  • Juvenile Law Lawyer
  • Cinnaminson, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Depending on a variety of factors, you might be eligible to expunge the juvenile record. You would need to contact an attorney to discuss this option in greater detail.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.