Savannah, GA asked in Divorce for Georgia

Q: My spouse has not completed the parenting course it has been over 60 days. How can I get her to complete it?

I served my spouse with divorce papers over 60 days ago and she did not file an answer nor did she complete the parenting class. The court clerk told me that I could file a motion for pleadings but the judge denied it because my spouse did not file the parenting class certificate. Do I need to file and serve my spouse with something to compel her to complete the class? Can I file a motion to hold her in contempt?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terri Herron
Terri Herron
  • Roswell, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If there is a standing order, you can file a motion for contempt if the standing order states that he is to take the parenting seminar.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.