Ridgway, CO asked in Family Law and Domestic Violence for Colorado

Q: I am wondering howto formally present evidence that witnesses and the other party haveliedunder oath

I’m involved in a child custody case, which just went to final orders hearing 2 days ago tho we have a month until orders are issued ...where I have proof that the plaintiff (father) as well as my stepfather (bc my mom and stepfather are trying to gain custody of my child for my stepdad’spleasure of having my beautiful daughter, bc her and I live in their guesthouse and he wants her in his house—despite their being no evidence that I’ve neglected her although i do want to homeschool her for now -i am setup for this-instead of into preschool as she turns 4 at the end of the month)..and so whileI wait for poison control and verizon wireless phone call audio records to come to me; do you have any tips of howI may intervene before the judges final orders are laid down in order to have entered this serious evidence? Also i am pro se...and, THANK YOU

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: The hard reality is that you have one bite at the apple. The Court will not rehear the case to hear evidence that could have previously been presented. Otherwise there would be no finality, and cases could never end.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.