Asked in Child Custody, Civil Rights and Family Law for Tennessee

Q: How do I go to police after running away and not go back to my dad I want to live with mom but she has no custody TN

I ran away from my dad's house because I wasn't mentally well I was always depressed and I couldn't get help. My dad's wife told me I said therapy wouldn't work after I went to an evaluation and wanted to go back. They've been very manipulative using the fact that my mom was a drug addict and my dead grandmother against me to do what they want. I don't want to go back I want to live with my mom but she has no custody, so how should I go about fixing this. I've already tried to ask to get emancipated and they hung up as soon as they heard that. I don't know what to do and I need to start school. Also what rights should I read over and what laws should I print out in case things go to court. I've already had someone get a note noterized to try and help with the "next friend" thing.

1 Lawyer Answer
Henry Ambrose
Henry Ambrose pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Franklin, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Your situation is complicated and difficult to answer on-line without lots more information, If you are not safe please go to the nearest police department and ask for help.

Here is another idea:

Call them and tell them what's going on in your life.

Let them help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.