Asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: How can I get a new lawyer to get my husband a bond set with proof of why he missed court.

My husband's lawyer told us he had gotten my husband's charges from Lebanon moved and put together in the same Court room with his other charges in Nashville and his court date wud be September 1st we'll my husband is sitting in jail right now and once there we found out his lawyer (newton Holiday) had been disbarred and lied about everything being combined in Nashville, and has felonies to appear becuz of it and now we caint get a bond set.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bryna Landers Grant
Bryna Landers Grant
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Hendersonville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You have the right to retain a new attorney to replace your present one and that Attorney will be able to file a notice of appearance for your husband and a motion to set bond. It is possible that your husband will still have to remain in jail until the September 1 court date but at least the motion can get filed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.