Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Tennessee

Q: I have concerns about visitations resuming with NCP in TN.

I have had custody of 13y/o daughter since 2013, NCP recently relapsed and is back in rehab. I have questions about visitations now as she lost her home and states visits have to be at her parents again. However, visits at her parents are part of the reason our child ended up inpatient at psychiatric hospital. During hospitalization our child said she couldn't keep doing the visits at grandparents for her mental health.

2nd, I just found out this afternoon from our child that NCP has been purchasing her vapes for several months now. The vapes were thrown away and I only have our childs word. I'm even more worried now for our child's well being when visits are supposed to resume whenever NCP is released from rehab.

What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Consult with counsel. This seems to be a complicated situation that you may want to consider going to court over to modify the current plans.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.